By: Laura Paton, section editor of student literature/art (email@example.com)
March is National Reading Month, so in honor of that I have put together a list of great books to read for spring and summer (or anytime, really), along with some personal recommendations!
Quotes on Reading:
“Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” Sir Richard Steele
“Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.” Christopher Morley (1890 – 1957)
“I’ve never known any trouble that an hour’s reading didn’t assuage.” Charles De Secondat (1689 – 1755)
“Properly, we should read for power. Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one’s hand.” Ezra Pound (1885 – 1972)
Click on the link to see a synopsis and the book listing on Amazon!
Here are a few recommendations from my personal bookshelf:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Nighttime by Mark Haddon
- Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Ashford
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Feel free to share any good reads, your favorite books, or your opinion on these books in the comments!